GSM related research @ H.A.C.K.
Motorola C115 phoneTemporarily in H.A.C.K. from Domonkos Tomcsányi / NetAcademia since around April 2011.
FTDI-based Osmocom Highspeed cableMade at the Osmocom Highspeed Cable workshop of Chaos Communication Camp 2011
Updates from 27/11/2012 by domi:
- Current status of the project: on hiatus (maybe if there will be someone with a lot of time and passion we will be able to finish it)
- Both my phone, and HACK's phone is fully OK with running OsmocomBB code (following their wiki-tutorials)
The plan (outlining GSM interception and cracking in theory):
1. Using OsmocomBB we have to capture bursts
(question: how to filter the capture to a single target making it legal?)
2. Using Kraken to find out the Kc
3. Using airprobe code to get data out of the capture:
(on the bottom)
http://lists.lists.reflextor.com/pipermail/a51/2010-July/000803.html" rel="external nofollow">http://lists.lists.reflextor.com/pipermail/a51/2010-July/000803.html
Interesting idea: using a phone as a BTS (OpenBTS with OsmocomBB):Slides & video: