Heating controlIn order to prevent fires, the heating control disables heating appliances in the hackerspace as soon as HackSense is switched to closed. Source code is available at https://github.com/hsbp/heat
- have a remotely accessible interface to turn on the heating at most 1 hour before arriving if the space is closed (switches off heating if noone opens the space within 60 minutes)
- extend to support multiple heating appliances, boilers, ventilation fans
- measure energy consumption, display it on LED display and/or web interface
Version 0.2 (current)
- /dev/ttyS0 is handled by a Python SocketServer: https://github.com/hsbp/heat/blob/5b7139b
- DTR is toggled by sending ON or OFF to TCP port 4347: https://github.com/hsbp/heat/blob/5b7139b
- hardware is the same as version 0.1
- /dev/ttyS0 was kept open in a Python shell running within screen
- DTR was toggled by running Python with the -c switch: https://github.com/hsbp/heat/blob/2c9bdb7
- hardware is controlled by DTR on COM1 (/dev/ttyS0) using a Sharp S216S02 Solid State Relay capable of switching up to 600V 16A, a 10A fuse protects from overcurrent and short circuits, see schematic below
PhotosThe keypad controls a PC the controller is connected to. The SSR with the silver heatsink is visible behind the fan, the orange extension cord runs directly from the controller to the heating applicance.
Contributors to this page:
Page last modified on Wednesday 19 of February, 2014 14:43:25 CET by .